c h r i s t i n a k o b e r d e s i g n s

it begins with a twinkle in your eye and butterflies in your tummy. you wish for it, you need it, you have to have it. it’s a little splurge that satisfies your craving. it’s something so perfect, you can’t live without it. it’s not just something for your neck, ears, fingers or wrists. it’s an expression of who you are that adds a sparkle that is only you. it’s your signature necklace you wear every day. it’s the delectable ring you wear for an extraordinary night.

its christina kober designs

26 August 2009

hello. i love you.

So I am on a quest to make my bedroom a haven. A beautiful, comforting, vintage- yet contemporary-inspired, cozy room. (I'm sure there are more adjectives I could use, but I will spare you)

It all began with a mirror I spotted at Anthropologie a few years ago. It was a beautiful mirror. Full length, lean against the wall, rich dark wood, framed mirror. Shockingly it had a really reasonable price tag and I was saving for it. I went into Anthro one day and it was gone...I was in mourning over that mirror and mad at my lack of self discipline that I couldn't stop myself from buying another pair of Kate Spade shoes instead of putting that money toward the mirror. So ever since then I have been on a mission to find a similar mirror.


Fast foward to one month ago. I found this fabric at Beehive Co-op that Deborah from Whipstitch carries. "hello. i love you." was my reaction to the fabric.


I heart this Amy Butler fabric. I finally decided to purchase a yard of it to bring home so I can figure out where in my room I want to put it. I have been laying across the bed (should it be a duvet or shams?). Should I make curtains? Should I frame it? I have even wrapped it around myself to see if I should make a skirt or a dress too! I don't know. I love it so much I want to see it everywhere! So in my indecisiveness, I'm still not 100% sure.

hello. l love you. moment #2. I haven't been looking at my usual websites (Pottery Barn & Crate & Barrel) for the mirror recently and yesterday I thought I should do a quick check. I found it! Needless to say, let the saving begin again!


But to make things even more exciting, Boyfriend and I will be moving out of our one bedroom apartment at the end of September. We will be moving, hopefully, into a house. My check list for this house includes:
  • all hardwood floors
  • big windows
  • a room for a studio with access to a sink (I'm tired of my hallway I call my studio with no sick but the kitchen)
on a quick side note...
I reached 900 "hearts me" on my etsy yesterday! When I get to 1000, I think I'll do another give-away!

No comments:

Post a Comment