c h r i s t i n a k o b e r d e s i g n s

it begins with a twinkle in your eye and butterflies in your tummy. you wish for it, you need it, you have to have it. it’s a little splurge that satisfies your craving. it’s something so perfect, you can’t live without it. it’s not just something for your neck, ears, fingers or wrists. it’s an expression of who you are that adds a sparkle that is only you. it’s your signature necklace you wear every day. it’s the delectable ring you wear for an extraordinary night.

its christina kober designs

27 August 2009

better late than never

I love to read. I love getting immersed in the story and imagining what the characters look like.

But between working at JFF Jeweler Supply from 8 am - 5 pm and then working in my studio at night, I really don't have any free time to read. To deal with this, I have started listening to books. I started with the
Twilight series in November and have been flying through books ever since. I really didn't realize how much time I spent in my studio until I went through a 20 hour long book in 1 week!

This past Monday I started
Julie & Julia. I have been dying to read it, I have had the actual book sitting on my shelf for almost 2 years! So I decided to break down and buy the audio version. It is a really great story so far. I can't wait to finish! And then go see the movie, of course!


Now, my one complaint with listening to audio books is the background music they play sometimes...it's really cheesy. I can't imagine someone was like, "ooh I think this would really make the story." Next thing you know they are going to have books that when you open them, they play music...like the hallmark cards. Speaking of the Hallmark music cards, every time I pick one up and open it, I know music will play, yet I still jump a little. I don't think my brain is quite ready for this technology. I digress.

No comments:

Post a Comment