c h r i s t i n a k o b e r d e s i g n s

it begins with a twinkle in your eye and butterflies in your tummy. you wish for it, you need it, you have to have it. it’s a little splurge that satisfies your craving. it’s something so perfect, you can’t live without it. it’s not just something for your neck, ears, fingers or wrists. it’s an expression of who you are that adds a sparkle that is only you. it’s your signature necklace you wear every day. it’s the delectable ring you wear for an extraordinary night.

its christina kober designs

30 December 2009

2010, a new decade?

I'm not sure if I have been so busy and I didn't realize, or I'm just not that smart, but today it really sunk in that we are entering into a new decade. I don't know how I missed this!

What makes it even crazier is it has been 10 years since the y2k scare, I visited California for the first time, I graduated from high school, and I moved away from home went to college... Part of me thinks that it really doesn't seem like it's been 10 years. But when I try to think about what I was doing back then, what I was thinking about, what I hoped to be when "I grew up" I realize it really has been 10 years.

If you would have asked me in 2000 where I would be in 10 years my answer would be: a clothing buyer definitely not working for my dad anymore. I would be married by 24 with 2 children living in San Francisco and very, very happy.

However, today I am working for my father by day and jewelry artist by early morning and night. I am single at 28 but dating a wonderful man, childless and technically petless, STILL living in Atlanta (but finally visited SF this year), and still figuring out what I want to be "when I grow up." But I have to say, I am very very happy where I am right now walking into 2010.

I said I wouldn't post until the new year, but I couldn't resist. All of this has got me thinking and when I get all thoughtful I think it should record it in history! (it doesn't happen all THAT often!)

Before I really sign off until the new year I wanted to let you all know that I have some very exciting new designs that I will be releasing in the new year. And here's a little sneak peak of one idea:

This ring is a new series called rock candy rings that I will be expanding on, along with my gumdrop rings. Each will be one of a kind and resized to fit to order. They are not yet available in my etsy or big cartel store but when they are, rest assured, you will be the first to know!

Here are also some future gum drops rings.


I hope you all have a very happy new year!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Christina, I wanna eat those gum drops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the new designs! Sign me up for the pink stone, I'm guessing tourmilane. I'm spending my $50 winnings a bunch of ways, b/c I really want a fortune cookie too.
    10 years ago I was 29 and engaged, just bought a house and about 25# heavier, see what a decade can do. I lost the weight and gained a kid, but she wasn't the reason for the weight gain, and sadly in 2000 we got a fantastic dog that we just lost this year, along with her "sister" that came in 2001. Now we have 2 new pups...who knows what the next decade will bring.

    ReplyDelete