c h r i s t i n a k o b e r d e s i g n s

it begins with a twinkle in your eye and butterflies in your tummy. you wish for it, you need it, you have to have it. it’s a little splurge that satisfies your craving. it’s something so perfect, you can’t live without it. it’s not just something for your neck, ears, fingers or wrists. it’s an expression of who you are that adds a sparkle that is only you. it’s your signature necklace you wear every day. it’s the delectable ring you wear for an extraordinary night.

its christina kober designs

11 November 2009

hello, i love you

Every year since I can remember, my parents and I drive down to Florida for the Thanksgiving holiday (yes, I spend 8 hours in the car with my parents). My Grandparents had 4 daughters and all 4 families come together to celebrate, eat, exchange Christmas presents, be thankful, and eat. My cousin and I have also started our own mini tradition of shopping until we drop on Black Friday. It is definitely my favorite holiday.

This year is going to be different because I'm going to spend Turkey day with Dan's family in Palm Springs, CA. While I'm REALLY excited, there are other parts of me that are nervous and sad. Nervous because well, who wouldn't be nervous to spend an entire week with your boyfriend's family! Sad because I am going to be missing my family something fierce. For me to agree whole-heartedly to this trip Dan had to promise that we will be spending New Years in Florida with my family AND we will go to Thanksgiving with my family next year.

Well getting back to the excited part, of course my mind automatically thinks of what should I wear?! Can I just say that the weather will be in the high 70s!!! So, today's Hello, I love you is something to pack for Palm Springs.
1. j. crew cashmere-silk splendid cardigan - I chose this because even though it's going to be warm in Palm Springs, I will be cold!

2. forever 21 soft knit striped tank - going for the nautical look in the desert.

3. christina kober designs 18K bubble necklace - I think gold looks amazing on tanned skin (which I will hopefully have). This necklace can be made custom in sterling silver or a mix of sterling silver and gold, different lengths...the options are endless.

4. anthropologie grand proportions belt - I love the look of a wide belt slung across your hips. Something about it is sexy to me.

5. dvf armor pants in white - even though it's after labor day, I wear white wide-leg pants. I am actually wearing some today! And can I just say...DVF, swoon!

6. kate spade bamboo espadrilles - I love these shoes. I have them in white and wore them so much I broke them and immediately replaced them. So comfortable. I love this color too!

7. calviree extra large poppy tote - I love the jute webbing and canvas handles. It looks like a super sturdy bag for travel. I just discovered CalviRee on Etsy earlier this week. Patty has some great designs. If you haven't already noticed, I love handmade bags.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously... You have a shopping problem!!! Wish we could see you and Dan while you're here. But, we will just miss you. Have with my hubby at dinner tonight. Xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete