c h r i s t i n a k o b e r d e s i g n s

it begins with a twinkle in your eye and butterflies in your tummy. you wish for it, you need it, you have to have it. it’s a little splurge that satisfies your craving. it’s something so perfect, you can’t live without it. it’s not just something for your neck, ears, fingers or wrists. it’s an expression of who you are that adds a sparkle that is only you. it’s your signature necklace you wear every day. it’s the delectable ring you wear for an extraordinary night.

its christina kober designs

04 September 2009

TGI Labor Day Weekend!

I am very new to the blogosphere* and am amazed by the amount of wonderful bloggers out there. One that I have found is Elise Blaha :: enJOY it. Along with blogging about her life and planning her wedding, Elise shares a lot of great information about photography, blogging, creating a website and selling handmade products. Which I think is fantastic, because lord knows I need all the help I can get! I was so inspired by a blog post she had written about completing her own website, that I emailed her with questions of how she did it. After emailing back and forth, I have bought a book on HTML and I am going to create my website the old fashioned way (if you can call it that). Other wise not using a site with templates. So far I'm on chapter 3 of my HTML book and I feel like I'm back in school, but that's for another day and another post.

Elise has an etsy store and makes wonderful handmade books and journals & teaches online workshops on how to make your own journals. While searching her blog and website I found she makes are custom birthday books. The idea being that you make a list of resolutions to complete by your next birthday. The number of resolutions is based on your age (although 28 resolutions is a lot to complete in 1 year).

About a week ago I told my good friend, Mer, about these awesome little books and how I'd like to do a journal like this. And then yesterday, I received a package at work: It was my birthday present from Mer...a Custom Birthday Book by Elise! I was so excited to get it, I forgot my birthday wasn't for another 11 days & I opened it. The book is awesome! Here are some photos of my favorite pages in the book!

Thank you, Mer! I can't wait to create my list of 28 resolutions and begin! Any suggestions?!



* I'm not sure if blogosphere is a real "community." But it has a nice ring to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment